An infobox is a formatted table used to collect a summary of information about a topic. The infobox runs along the right side of the topic page to supplement the main text of the article.
1. Open the editor and click the edit button on the infobox.
2. Search for a field and add it to the page.
Use the Add another button to add more than one value to a field.
Each field has a specific type defining the appropriate input information for that field.
There are the different field types including:
- Topic - The most common field type. The value in the topic fields must be linked to another existing topic on Golden. If the desired topic value, e.g. Jason Kelly, does not yet exist it needs to be create and published before the infobox can be completed.
- Date - Date fields require a valid year, month, and day.
- URL - URL fields link to a valid external url outside of the Golden.com domain.
- Text - Text fields can contain any free input text.
3. Click Done when you have finished adding infobox fields and values.
4. Remember to complete your edit by clicking Publish.
Templates are a tool which can be used to quickly add many fields at once. For example, adding the Company template automatically adds 6 fields: Location, website, founded by, legal classification, parent organization, and CEO.
Individual fields can be added or subtracted as needed after the template has been applied.
Future & advanced features
Infobox items can also be added using the AI-assisted edit mode.
In order to keep the set of fields on Golden clean and organized, creating fields and templates is limited at this time. If you’d like to add or specific field or template please contact email@example.com.