Many functions in the Golden editor can be found in the formatting bar at the top of the page:
Basic text formatting
Bold, italics, and underline
Bold: Highlight text, click the B button or use the hotkeys: ⌘ + B / Ctrl + B.
Italics: Highlight text, click the I button or use the hotkeys: ⌘ + I / Ctrl + I.
Underline: Highlight text, click the U button or use the hotkeys: ⌘ + U / Ctrl + U.
Large heading / small heading
- Highlight desired text and click the H1 or H2 buttons for large and small heading respectively.
Note that headings cannot have links inside them.
Bullet and numbered lists
- To begin a numbered or bulleted list go to a new paragraph and click the above buttons respectively.
- Press enter to start a new line. Hit enter again or the list button to exit the list.
Add a link
- Highlight the desired text and click the link icon
- Choose either an internal link to another Golden page or an external url to an outside webpage.
Whenever possible, links within the body of the text should be internal links. External links will be used more often within infoboxes E.g. company twitter page, github repository, etc.
If the topic you want to link does not yet exist on Golden yet you can and should create the topic directly from the 'Create New Topic' button.
Removing a link
To remove a link click on it and press the remove button
Add an image
- Click the image button as shown above
- Select your desired image from your computer and add
- Click and drag to move the image within the article. Use the image controller buttons align left/center/right and delete images:
Note: Make sure to add a caption that describes the image and sources its origins.
Add a video
- Click the video button as shown above
- Enter a URL from youtube to add a video. Only youtube videos are supported at this time.
You can also simply copy and paste any youtube URL into a Golden article and it will automatically import the video.
Add a table
- To add a table click the icon below:
- Customize and fill out the table: