Drafts are unfinished edits to existing pages on Golden. The changes in drafts will not appear to the public until they are published.
To publish a draft:
1. Click edit on a golden page and make your changes.
2. Click the publish button in the upper right corner.
Note: you will still have an opportunity to review changes.
3. Review the changes and confirm by clicking publish.
Choosing major vs minor edit will determine whether it will appear in activity feeds. If the change has new content or changes which are of interest to people who are watching the topic mark it as major. Small changes to style, formatting, or grammar without any major content changes should be marked as minor.
Managing your drafts
Drafts are automatically saved when you edit an article to ensure you don't lose work. They are also saved when you leave an article:
Hover over your profile in the upper right and click drafts to view your open drafts
Drafts should either be published or discarded quickly. Wait too long and another contributor may publish a conflicting draft and cause a merge conflict.
To discard a draft:
1. Go to the edit page in which you have a draft open
2. Click the discard button in the upper right corner